CBDA Policies & Guidelines
- NO PEANUTS OR NUT PRODUCTS (including peanut butter) ALLOWED IN STUDIO.
- Students are to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their class and are to be picked up no later than 15 minutes after their class. Younger students arriving early must be supervised. Teachers and CB Dance Academy staff are not responsible for students before classes commence or after they have finished.
- Students should arrive dressed according to the dress code with all necessary hair accessories and shoes. Hair is to be worn back off the face for all classes. Ballet students are required to wear their hair in a bun.
- CBDA does not assume responsibility for lost, stolen or misplaced items.
- Please notify the studio in advance of a class absence.
- Free Trial classes are offered to all students subject of space and class availability.
- Students are expected to act appropriately during class and not disrupt their teachers or other students. Parents will be notified if their child is misbehaving or causing a disruption and may face grounds for dismissal from the program.
- No child will be released of their own accord. For early dismissal, parents must make prior arrangements and come to the door to pick up their child. This is a matter of safety.
- Missed classes will not be made up and no refunds shall be issued. Cancelled classes (outside of Statutory Holidays) will be rescheduled or credited accordingly.
- Once registered, student class placement is considered reserved for the full season. Term 1 fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Fees will NOT be refunded once a term begins. In the case of a withdrawal from CB Dance Academy, the Director must be notified in writing immediately. Until such time, the space will be held for the student and charges invoiced to the parents or guardians accordingly. Upon withdrawal, the standard Withdrawal Fee of $45.00+HST per class will be processed to the account / credit card on file. All costume deposits and registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE. All second and third term class fees, comp fees and workshop fees associated with competitive students are NON-REFUNDABLE NON-TRANSFERABLE after October 16 regardless of reason.
- Parents must make an appointment to speak with a teacher or Artistic Director. Out of respect for students who are waiting for their class to begin, we ask that parents and students do not approach teachers between classes.
- Gum chewing is not permitted in the classroom or reception areas. Food is not permitted in the change rooms. Beverages are not permitted in any studio room at any time (except for clear bottled water). Homework and eating areas are provided.
- Students who deface or damage studio property will be charged for the cleaning, replacement or repairs, and may face grounds for dismissal.
- All tuition is to be paid on the first of each month/term or in accordance with the terms in our fee schedule. Outstanding fees will be assessed a $45.00+HST penalty. All NSF cheques will be charged a $35.00+HST penalty.
- Costumes must be purchased to participate in the year-end recital. Costumes do not include required tights or shoes. Parents will be notified of any costume accessories required that are not included with costume. All students will perform in the CBDA year-end recital - unless Parent advises CBDA in writing at time of Registration.
- All accounts must be up-to-date and in good standing in order before your year-end recital tickets and costumes are made available.
- Concerns or questions of any aspect of CB Dance Academy’s policies or guidelines should be directed to the Studio’s email.
Charma & Charmaine
Charma Belnavis, Artistic Director
Charmaine Penney, Administrative Director